things i learned in ancient greek art today:
- Achilles had a gay lover
- Zeus had a boy toy that he thought was pretty so he snatched him up and made him into his wine bitch and kept him under his throne on olympus always
- there was a woman who wanted to be a man so Poseidon changed her sex and then made him impervious to metal weapons to boot
- They made Aphrodite marry a lame and ugly guy and to retaliate she slept with everyone, but mostly Ares.
sounds like high school
things that happened tonight:
- told david faustino that “mako is my favorite, and i’m not kidding” he got really excited and stood up to give me a hug, because “do you know how rarely i hear that??” yes, david… i do….. trust me
- he turned around to tell mike and bryan that mako is my favorite and bryan said “yeah, i know”
- bryan remembers me as the girl who gave him a 40-page thesis
- lariren-shadow and i convinced mike dimartino to get a drink with us, by which i mean we stood at the bar and yelled MIKE, COME HAVE A DRINK WITH US
- (he did. he had a cosmopolitan)
- at the korra rooftop party, there was a brief panel with Bryke, david faustino, janet varney, and a few of the video game producers, and there was a brief silence in which i took the opportunity to cup my hands and shout “GET BACK TOGETHER” at dave and janet
- cue hesitant laughter, bryan vaguely avoiding the comment
don’t laugh at me
- asked bryan what mako’s mother’s name is. he said “susan” as a joke and i misheard it as “suzu,” BUT YOU KNOW WHAT??? CLOSE ENOUGH then he called mike over like “hey did we ever name mako’s mom?” mike was like “no, i don’t think so” which led to me immediately begging them to give Mako’s Mom a REAL NAME and post it on Tumblr
- faircommentfuckoff gave me a cigarette, bryan lectured me on smoking as i lit up, when it went out of its own accord he said “that was aang from beyond the grave, putting it out”
- THEN. T H E N . I ASKED HIM, “LOOK, I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHY MAKO AND KORRA’S INTERACTIONS ARE ALWAYS FRAMED THROUGH ASAMI’S REACTIONS…” and went through the list of examples; i asked if that was going to lead anything or if there was going to be any resolution to that, and he said “there’s nothing unresolved there, it’s all deliberately done to show that relationships affect other people… every relationship is important and we care about every character. but we don’t care about tahno”
- stephanie and i laughed for hours i’m not done laughing. i will never stop laughing
I AM PROUD OF MYSELF!
i can’t stop thinking about how the only reason that the fire nation didn’t manage to conquer and destroy the world is because katara flipped a shit on her brother for making a sexist comment and stumbled upon aang in the iceberg
this post is getting notes and now i can’t stop thinking about how much of the plot is driven by katara’s idealism. there’s a reason she’s the one who speaks during the opening credits, reiterating with every episode that she believes Aang can save the world. she gets the story moving through her refusal to put up with bullshit and she takes the gaang on so many of their most meaningful journeys because she never gives up on people and on the possibility of a better future. even when it’s naive and it seems futile, like her speech to the earthbending prisoners or her fight against a sexist waterbending master who would have kicked her ass and thought nothing of it if he hadn’t been in love with her grandmother, she aggressively tries to right every wrong she sees.
i also love the way that she’s both a healer and a warrior. water is seen as a healing and cleansing element, but it can also be fierce and influential. Katara shows that those things aren’t mutually exclusive. her fundamental instinct is to nurture and to protect, and yes, to heal, but she rejects the northern water tribe’s attempts to make her passive and nonviolent. she wants to be a warrior because she recognizes that the only way to heal the world now is to fight for it, and to fight for people even when they don’t think they’re worth fighting for anymore.
i just fucking love katara.
This crazy ass bitch said she though her kids were little fucks on an actual children’s cartoon
nah son, i ain’t got no snapchat. I’m old-fashioned. just fax it to me. fax me the nudes.